Thursday, March 17, 2011

One Month to Go

Since my last post, a lot has happened. Elsie has finally settled into preschool. This past week was one of a handful of times that she went in happily without crying and ran out laughing. She brings home fun arts and crafts every week, which I have saved in a drawer until I figure out what to do with them.

Elsie has changed so much. She talks NON-STOP. Not all of the words she uses are completely distinguishable, but her mouth is always moving. She has also started singing songs. Her current favorites are Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Ba Ba Black Sheep, The ABCs and Somewhere Over the Rainbow. She loves to be outside and has figured out how to climb the rock wall at the playground. She also loves the swing and the slide. I can't believe how fast she is growing up.

On a sad note, I lost my beloved Aunt Jani to breast cancer in October and still have weekly if not daily moments of missing her. She was such a wonderful woman and this world just isn't the same without her. A new mantra of mine is "what would Jani do" if I am feeling overwhelmed or frustrated or lazy, because Aunt Jani was always happy to do anything for anyone, nothing was ever too hard and she always kept busy.

Probably the biggest (happy) change that we are anticipating is a new member of the family, due to arrive in April. We have decided to name her in honor of Aunt Jani, however I am not ready to have a new Jani. Instead we are going with Jane and I am going to call her Janie.

While we are excited to welcome Jane, we are definitely enjoying the last month or so of having one child. Elsie has no idea what is coming, but I think she will be a great big sister. She loves babies and is very loving. She will have someone else to practice her songs on and I think Jane will be her biggest fan.

As a last hoorah, this weekend is set to be an exciting one. A BFF of mine, Jamie, has turned 30 and to celebrate we are taking a trip to the beach for a spa weekend. I can't wait! Stay tuned for some good stories from the trip....

No comments:

Post a Comment